Electrocardiography of the dog and cat, 2nd edition provides all the theoretical and practical information necessary to understand and identify rhythm abnormalities. This text will be particularly useful to accurately diagnose complex arrhythmias using precise electrocardiographic criteria that the authors have developed by confirming mechanisms of arrhythmias with intracardiac electrophysiologic studies. This book is a must-have reference for anyone interested in learning the basics of electrocardiography and those who face the challenge of interpreting the most complex arrhythmias in a clinical or research setting.
- 14 detailed chapters emphasize important key points in the assessment of the electrocardiogram
- More than 300 beautiful illustrations and electrocardiograms to stimulate visual learning coupled with easy to consult boxes of key points for the rapid diagnosis on a day-to-day basis.
- At the end of the book, to illustrate the step-by-step approach to the electrocardiogram, additional tracings with an accompanying interpretation give the reader the assurance of accomplishment from reading this book.
Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Companion Animals (Specialty of Cardiology), Adjunct Professor of Cardiology at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine (USA), Head of the Cardiology Departments of the Clinica Veterinaria Malpensa in Samarate, Varese, and of the Ospedale Veterinario I Portoni Rossi, Bologna (Italy)
N. Sidney Moïse
Diplomate of the American College of Internal Medicine, Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences at Cornell University (USA)
Diplomate of the American College of Internal Medicine (Cardiology), Diplomate of the European College of Internal Medicine-Companion Animals (Cardiology), Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences at Cornell University (USA)
Cardiology Departments of the Clinica Veterinaria Malpensa in Samarate, Varese and the Ospedale Veterinario I Portoni Rossi, Bologna (Italy)
Table of Contents:
1) ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF THE CONDUCTION SYSTEM
2) PRINCIPLES OF ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY
3) FORMATION AND INTERPRETATION OF THE ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC WAVES
4) NORMAL SINUS RHYTHMS
5) CHAMBER ENLARGEMENT
6) BACKGROUND TO THE DIAGNOSIS OF ARRHYTHMIAS
7) SUPRAVENTRICULAR BEATS AND RHYTHMS
8) SUPRAVENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIAS
9) VENTRICULAR ECTOPIC BEATS AND RHYTHMS
10) VENTRICULAR ARRHYTHMIAS
12) CONDUCTION DISORDERS
13) ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC CHANGES SECONDARY TO SYSTEMIC DISORDERS AND DRUGS
14) ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY AND PACING
• GUIDED INTERPRETATION OF ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC